always loved this one
An undead creature from Germanic mythology, the draugr can usually be found within their own graves, often guarding any treasure that was buried with them. Unlike ghosts the draugr has a corporeal body that allows them to keep similar physical abilities to what they had in life. There are clear differences between sea-draugr and land-draugr but all of them possess superhuman strength, the ability to change their size and weight at will and they stink of decay. They look like hideous corpses that are swollen and blackened, but unlike zombies they are intelligent. They also have the ability to rise from the grave as smoke and swim through solid rock. They have magical abilities such as shapeshifting, controlling the weather and seeing into the future. Common forms they take include: seals, a giant bull, a grey horse with a broken back and no ears or tail, and a cat that would sit on a sleeper’s chest and suffocate them. They can also enter the dreams of the living. Any person might turn into a draugr if they are buried incorrectly but normally it is jealous, greedy or generally unpleasant people who turn into a draugr when they die.
Draugr exist to guard their treasure, wreak havoc on living things or to get revenge on those who wronged them in life. Draugr kill their victims in various ways, including; crushing them while in their enlarged forms, devouring their flesh, swallowing them whole while in their giant forms, driving them mad, and by drinking their blood. Any animals feeding near the grave of a draugr might even be driven mad by the creature’s influence, which might also kill them. In some extreme cases birds that fly over the grave of a draugr will suddenly drop dead. A draugr is not fixed to one location, they can be roaming spirits that have been known to destroy livestock by making the animals run themselves to death by either riding them or pursuing them. Shepherds who watch over their flocks at night are also particular targets for the hunger and hatred of a draugr. They have an insatiable appetite and will think nothing of picking up a passing living creature and eating them.
Draugrs are immune to weapons and even though they prefer to be active at night they are not effected by sunlight. When they are in their giant forms it is impossible to force them to move. There is no way to stop a draugr, so prevention is the only way to keep draugr problems from happening. Traditionally a pair of open iron scissors wold be placed on the chest of the recently deceased, and straws or twigs would be hidden in their clothes to try to stop them from turning into a draugr. Tying the big toes of a corpse together would also stop them them rising from the grave. The most effective means of preventing the dead from rising is to carry the body feet first, this stops the dead person from seeing where they are going so it makes it difficult for them to return. It is believed that the tradition of carrying a body in its coffin feet first was started due to the Norse belief in draugrs.
For those of you who don’t know a medium is a person who claims that they can sense things from the other side and talk to the dead. Now some of you may call bullshit already but I’ve done quite a few readings on books by mediums and I found it quite astounding that most talk about the same key concepts.
So things that Edgar Cayce (a medium from the late 1800’s, early 1900’s) say coordinate things with what James Van Praagh (a medium from our century) has to say.
Ofcourse this isn’t something scientifically backed up, but it makes me believe in a life after death, I don’t know about you.
Here are popular questions and the key concept behind them.
Is there a God?
- Yes, God is this pure loving energy form. It’s NOT something separate, NOT something that other people worship, but it’s all of us, it’s what we strive to be a part of. As most mediums say “we are all God”
Is there Heaven/Hell?
- The other side is a “Heaven”, it’s where there’s no unrest. There is no such thing as a hell though. People who have committed very bad deeds, don’t get punished by other forces, but their own negative vibe might punish themselves, as in all the negative thoughts and emotions will surround them and they’ll be unable to open up to the love and joy on the other side, the “heaven”. There are definitly a special type of spirit healers, sent to help them.
Can the dead hear me?
- Yes, they can hear you all the time all your thoughts/feelings, even though you might not be able to hear them. Your loved ones maybe close to you as the air that surrounds you. They are not gone, they are just at another place.
What’s the point of life and all these hardships we face in it?
- To learn and grow. It works like this: you are in this life for something, all the hardships you face is meant to help you learn from it. Souls come into the Earth to learn these lessons and when they leave the lessons they learn help them achieve a higher level of understanding. This higher level of understanding helps one become more closer to God and to become one with Him. So that terrible break-up you went through? Maybe to help you understand, independence and self-love. Souls come in and out of Earth many times (reincarnation). Each life time may help them learn a specific lesson.
Do we have soulmates?
- Yes! But not in the way you think. Soul mates don’t have to be romantic lovers, they can be best friends, brother and sister, son and father. A soulmate is someone you feel a very special connection to.
Is there such a thing as fate and destiny?
- Yeah there are things that are predetermined. Things like who you will marry, how many kids you’ll have, your career etc. However, it’s not set in stone, you have free will, and the power to change if you really wanted to.
I’m pretty sure you have plenty of more questions but that’s the main ones I got as of now. I recommend books by James Van Praagh or Concetta Bertoldi, basically go to the “New Age” section in your local library.
Maybe I’ll make another post, if this enlightened anyone at all. Feel free to send me any more questions you may have.
Well… this was interesting as fuck
Here are some more
Is there a devil?
- Yes! There’s bad as there is good. There are those creatures who haven’t seen the light, who are too afraid of the love and joy, because they fear rejection, they fear being punished, they don’t know that the other side and god loves all and accepts all. There are things of pure evil, but I think there’s more good than bad in the world.
What happens to those who commit suicide?
- Those who commit suicide, have troubled themselves because remember how you are supposed to come into this life to learn something new and take that with you? They’ve cut themselves off from this, and they’ve caused others much grief, and may have ruined others life plans (maybe they were supposed to be someone else’s wife or husband, and now that wife/husband can’t learn their lesson). They won’t go to hell, like I said before their own negative thoughts will hurt them. God/the other side, will always love them and are willing to accept them with open arms, they just have to learn to forgive themselves first. They maybe stuck in a limbo position, until that stage.
What about abortions/miscarriages?
- From what I’ve read usually things like that are pre-determined. If a baby is supposed to be here for a short time, the soul of that baby usually already knows. James Van Praagh describes says sometimes some souls, can learn the lesson they were supposed to in the womb. What that lesson is, I have no idea.
Not only is this fascinating but it’s also comforting.
I simply like these thoughts. I could believe these things. They make sense to me, and align with my previous beliefs. I hope I am close to happier days of purpose and clarity.
I never expected so many of you to enjoy this, but I’m really glad you did :)
Death by Sandro Freitas ©
(Please leave credit & links… Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ)
The story of Pinky Pinky is an urban legend and old wives’ tale rolled into one. With the advent of democracy in South Africa in 1994, a story started doing the rounds in primary schools about a monster that awaits girls in the school toilet. Girls were warned by their friends not to wear pink to school because this would anger the creature, who would then try to attack or even rape them.
The hysteria grew and sightings of the monster, dubbed Pinky Pinky, were reported at many schools around the country. It was said to resemble a bogeyman or a tokoloshe (an African mythical creature) and had one paw and one claw. Boys could not see the creature but some claimed to have been attacked by it and left scratched and bruised. Naturally, no solid proof of the monster exists. No one really knows what prompted the Pinky Pinky tale. It has been suggested that it was an embodiment of the fear young girls had of going to school toilets by themselves in a society where instances of rape and other sexual abuse was (and still is) very prevalent.
Pinky Pinky seems to have left the building in most cases, with only one or two sightings still being reported as the years go by. Several books and an art exhibition have been dedicated to the story. Today it is just a scary story that those who went to primary school in South Africa in the 1990s can relate to.
Just incase there’s a demon
always reblog the exorcism
Please Stand for the SPN National anthem.
Guys nobody will be able to recite that around dean anymore
GO TO YOUR ROOM AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’VE DONE.
Did you just
When they try
A hospice nurse passed this along to me. As one of her patients was getting close to passing over, the patient said that she was sensing someone in a secluded area of the room. She was given a small camera to try to capture what she was seeing. (She took this photo at night). When the film was developed, this is what appeared. This is my photograph of the photograph. Again, there could be many things that account for this shot, but I believe that this indeed is a photo of an angel. ~ Denise Linn